Thursday, July 24, 2008

Life imitates TV

Wonder if you have noticed that children, at times, don’t take cognizance of a real thing until they see it on TV. I showed Siddarth the other day a snail on the walkway to our neighborhood park. He wasn’t impressed.

Yesterday when they showed a snail on TV – Baby First channel – our young friend was excited – ‘Look, it is on TV, thatha’. I reckon his new-found enthusiasm would make him pay more attention when we confront a snail at the park the next time.

That TV image is reality for him is illustrated by his passion for Lightning Macqueen. There is no such race car in reality. It is an image conjured up by Walt Disney studios. Siddarth has this propensity to morph into Lightning Macqueen whenever he is out in the park.– ‘I’m a race car; I always go fast’



If you are Lightning Macqueen, what am I, Siddarth, I ask.

‘You’re Tec’, he says. Tec is a tractor in a Baby First serial.

1 comment:

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

Pics and text - so nice!