Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scaring me with his dinosaurs book

Siddarth may have his fears – see Vennai vetti sepoy – but dinosaurs are not among them. For one thing, they have been dead for a million years. For another, he has been told by his mom that these menacing creatures don’t jump out of his dinosaurs book. And Siddarth believes I don’t know this.

So he ‘scares’ me by showing the chapter on Tyrannosaurus Rex. As Siddarth opens Page 18, the mighty jaws of this Rex creature open up and spring out of the page.And I act suitably scared. Our friend is thrilled to see my mouth ajar in horror; and eyes, popping out in panic.

Now and then Siddarth suggests, with mischief in his eyes, that we read the dinosaurs book. My resounding ‘No’ only strengthens his resolve to fetch the book; and open Page18, saying, as he does, ‘don’t be scared’. That’s cue enough for my horror act, much to the merriment of our friend.The dinosaurs book is now kept all the time in my bedroom, to spare Siddarth the trouble of having to go to his play-room downstairs to fetch the book, whenever he needs to scare me.

1 comment:

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

His favourite occupation now, I bet - frightening Thatha.